COVID-19 Update from Headquarters

****************************************************************************************************

UPDATE 28/05/2020

Below is the latest guidance from HQ regarding camping. In accordance with this, all meets including THS sites are cancelled in July. We will bring you all further info as soon as possible. Please all keep safe and I hope to see you all out camping when we it is safe to do so.

“The Club, and Greenfields House, is still effectively closed and will remain so through June, although we are hopeful of being able to open our UK Club Sites in early July, subject to government guidelines, and being safe to do so.

The Executive Committee have recently discussed the viability of delivering the ‘Club Festival 2021’, the event planned to replace the NFOL.

It is with a ‘heavy heart’ the decision has been taken that it would not be appropriate, or achievable, to launch this new event in 2021, for the following reasons:

  1. Despite the NFOL Sub-Committee’s best efforts there has been very little progress made since the February National Council meeting.  It was only 5 weeks later that we were in lockdown, with staff working from home or placed on furlough leave.
  2. The NFOL Sub Committee will not be in a position to bring a detailed proposal to the September National Council meeting.  The plans are currently behind schedule and there will continue to be further slippage until normal business resumes later in the year.
  3. Many staff are still on furlough leave, and unlikely to return to work in the near future.
  4. The new event does carry a significant financial risk.  The Executive Committee do not feel it is the right time to be taking any financial risk on ‘non-essential’ elements of the operation.
  5. When introducing a new event, the launch is crucial in terms of its long-term success.  With the tight timeframe, reduced resource and the current financial climate it is unlikely this could be achieved.
  6. There is a chance that gatherings like this will still not be allowed under continued  social distancing guidelines.

The Executive Committee are aware that this will no doubt cause disappointment but do feel this is the appropriate and responsible decision to take at this time.

The decision has also been taken to cancel all Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites with a start date in July.  This will be actioned by the Exempted Camping team.

We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and issue new guidance as and when required.

In the meantime, please keep safe.”

****************************************************************************************************

CONTINUE TO SITE